SA VZ-58 CSA Receiver Side Rail & Short Optic Mount
Frequently Bought Together
About the SA VZ-58 CSA Receiver Side Rail & Short Optic Mount:
The SA VZ-58 CSA Short Optic Mount is an abbreviation for the following: Low Profile Mount - 1st model, heavy duty. CSA manufactured this mount to just barely clear the receiver cover so as to create a nice cheek weld on the stock. Due to this optimal check weld, iron sights cannot be used while the mount is attached to the Side Rail. This mount is manufactured from high-quality aluminum alloy and has been hard coat anodized for added surface strength, abrasion resistance, and corrosion protection.
The Picatinny rail is centered over the receiver cover and is positioned away from ejected shell casings. This mount should only be used with optics that will not extend into the path of ejected casings - such as red dot optics. If an optic is used that extends beyond the Picatinny rail, there is a high probability that the optic will be impacted regularly by ejected casings.
- Attaches to the rifle using the CSA Side Rail (side rails can be purchased in the 'Parts and Accessories' section). If your vz.58 does not already possess drilled and tapped holes in the receiver, gunsmithing is required to attach the rail by drilling and tapping the receiver.
- Possesses a quick detach lever
- Easily attached with the factory folding stock in place
- tripper clips can be used to load the magazine with the mount in place
The SA VZ-58 CSA Receiver Side Rail is manufactured in the Czech Republic and is attached to the receiver by two screws (two screws provided with rail). No template or drawings are provided with the side rail as it is not needed for installation. The side rail is pushed to the top of the receiver and is centered over the visible trigger pin. The receiver must be drilled and tapped. We cannot guarantee a "drop-in" fit on rifles, or receivers, not manufactured by Czech Small Arms. GUNSMITHING IS REQUIRED. Also check-out our Vz-58 Rails System category for more mounting solutions.
Instructions on how to mount the side rail
Center the side rail over the trigger pin (trigger pin in the receiver) using the cut-out in the side rail. Then push the side rail upwards (in the direction of the receiver cover). Using a drill press, center the drill bit in each hole of the side rail and drill into the receiver. The side rail will act as a guide to position your drill bit.
* Please be advised this item is being dropped shipped and will be shipped separately from the rest of your order. Nevertheless, the drop shipped item/order is fully monitored during shipping by Zahal staff in cooperation with our worldwide partners.